Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Why Homeschool: How to start school at home

First you need to assess the main reason(s) you are homeschooling. For some it is one big easy answer, for others there are also some smaller reasons and it may even be all the normal reasons.
The public school system cannot adequately handle its student load.
We're in a bad school district.
We cannot afford private school - of any variety.
Traditional schooling is too rigid.
I have a special needs student.
I have an advanced student.
I believe my religion should be a part of my children's education.
I believe my religion should be the basis of my children's education.
I enjoy spending time teaching my children.
I don't want to miss out on the "little child of wonder" phase.
I have developed my own philosophy for the best method to educate my children.

There are other reasons of course, but these are enough to get you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment