Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Why Homeschool

That is a hard question that I'm sure you all are asking yourselves. Even if the answers seem easy to you, I'm sure you put a lot of heart and effort into making the decision to be sure it was the right one.
So now you know why you want to do it, but how are you going to do it? That is an equally tough question. There are so many choices out there from super rigid to so flexible it hardly exists. Both of these choices require lots of hard work; as do all the ones in between. But you know that, it's why you're looking around, searching for guidance, searching for an understanding soul because goodness knows a lot of judgement comes your way when people hear "We homeschool". It comes in the form of teachers, people who send their kids to public or private school, little old ladies who may have figured out their lives to a tee (unlikely) but don't know you for squat and even other homeschoolers.
That's why I'm here. I am lucky enough to be surrounded by support, but none of them is on this adventure with me (yet, I may have gotten the idea into a few peoples' heads). I'm starting out on my own with little in my pocket, too much in my head and 3 kids and a husband to juggle. Let's get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment