Friday, September 11, 2009

Weekly Wrap-up

This is one of the things that I've got on my to-do list but haven't gotten to it yet. There's no time like the present since Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers makes a weekly round-up of wrap-ups.
The bulk of our concentrated homeschool lessons take place on Mon, Wed, Fri when both the younger kids are in preschool. Monday was out due to the holiday.
The other days we worked on (in order of how I happen to remember it): Copy work from How Many Teeth- which also served as one of our reading lesson books, continued to study the human body and 5 senses. Talked about family relations and terms. We solidified memorization of our address- verbal and written, drew a family tree graph, reading practice with an opposites puzzle, journal work, drawing and coloring, sticker activity workbook, review of cursive letters we've already worked on, discussion of neighborhoods & community workers such as police officers and firefighters, when and how to call 911, beading, sorting, patterning, rhyming, days of the week, baric tablets, lacing, 3 part classification cards - um I'm drawing a blank so perhaps that was all!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us for the Wrap-Up this week! It sounds like you had a fun week. I had to chuckle a bit about learning to call 911. My younger two, unfortunately, learned that one too well. An unexpected (by them) visit from a police officer cured them of calling 911 when there wasn't an emergency, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we had the officer show up at our house after my son's accidental 911, too. It really was accidental! He was only about 2 and I hadn't even taught him to call yet, nor did he even know how to use the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you on SITS. Glad to see another homeschooler who is "doing their own thing" like we are. I'm also formally schooling my oldest, but this year have my toddler (and newborn) to contend with as well, so looking forward to gaining some tips & tricks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great week. I should do a family tree, that heritage is so important!

    http://crispy-not-crunchy.blogspot.com/2009/09/weekly-wrap-up-co-op.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you couldn't remember it all. Neither could I when I sat down to type it out. lol We need to do addresses as well over here and I love the family tree idea. You have a really cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a fun week!

    Add me to the "I can't remember what we did this week" list too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. :) Sounds like you had a great week!

    I checked out your tutorial for the sandpaper letters. We just might have to make those for a friend of mine as a gift. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete